1. Local Firemen Display Colors at Fenway
2. HOLLISTON CULTURAL COUNCIL IS LOOKING FOR A FEW GOOD PEOPLE!
3. Celebrate Holliston accepting nominations for Citizen of the Year.
Holliston residents are encouraged to nominate fellow residents for Citizen of the Year before September 2, 2014.
4. Traffic Lights? Rotaries? Come Hear the Engineers
5. Lieutenant Shawn Moore Memorial Scholarship
Shawn Moore served for 29 years at the Holliston Police Department. During that time he was an accomplished and well respected officer that always was mindful of the best interests, safety, and security of the residents in the town he called home for his entire life
6. Firefighters Helping Muscular Dystrophy
August 23, 2014. Holliston's on-call firefighters are at East Holliston to raise funds to help fight Muscular Dystrophy.
7. Representative Dykema's Senior Picnic
The weather was perfect, the food was excellent and the socialization was tops at the annual senior picnic sponsored by Representative Carolyn Dykema at the Laborer''s Training Center in Hopkinton.
8. Now Showing on HCAT
Updated 08 - 22 - 2014
9. Conservation Commission Meets August 19th
10. Massachusetts Governor, Attorney General Sued for Civil Rights Atrocities
The Holliston law firm of Brendan J. Perry & Associates, P.C. has filed a lawsuit in the U.S. District Court against Governor Deval Patrick and Attorney General Martha Coakley for violations of the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. At the heart of the suit is the abusive restraint of mentally ill patients in State facilities.
11. St. Michael's Church Calls New Rector
St. Michael’s Episcopal Church, Holliston, Massachusetts, has successfully concluded their discernment search process, and has called The Reverend Sarah Robbins-Cole to be the new Rector. Reverend Robbins-Cole will be assuming her new duties on or shortly after October 1, 2014.
12. Beavers Take on Mission Springs
Residents will soon need more than Wellies to cross the foot bridge to Wenakeening Woods.
13. Holliston Girl Scouts Host Fall Registration Events
Come see how the Girl Scouts of Holliston are building girls of courage, confidence and character who make the world a better place! Girls in grades K-12 who join Girl Scouts can participate in many different ways: troop, camp, events, series, travel or even virtual online participation.
14. Town Officials Visit Clearcutting Site
15. 2014 August/Labor Day Crackdown
Holliston Police Department Launches Intensive Crackdown on Impaired Driving Remember: Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over
16. Walk & Picnic Club in Holliston
Walk 'n Mass Volkssport Club invites walkers to participate in either a 6 km or 10 km (3.7 or 6.2 miles) walk route starting at Fatima Shrine’s picnic pavilion, 101 Summer Street in Holliston, Mass. on Saturday, August 23, 2014. All walkers are invited to stay for the club picnic after the morning walk with food provided by walk participants. (Barbara Kimball views the kiosk sign at Blair Square)
17. Ice Bucket Challenge in Holliston
The staff of the Northeastern Publishing accepted the challenge to participate in the now popular Ice Bucket Challenge that is supporting ALS and other charities.
18. Lions Iced at Goodwill Concert
The summer concerts at Goodwill Park concluded on August 12th with the Southeastern Mass Community Symphony Band, making up for the rained out date of July. 15th . An unscheduled appearance of the Holliston Lions Club accepting an ALS Ice Challenge shared the spotlight of the evening.
19. Junior Police Academy Class 2
The second Junior Police Academy class of the summer began on Monday, August 11th, under the direction of Officers Bryan Digiorgio, Michael Woods and Lt. David Gatchell, assisted by Kate Hickey. Twenty energetic boys of the 6th, 7th and 8th grades signed up for the week long class.
20. Annual Senior Picnic
Seniors get ready for another great picnic at the Hopkinton Laborers's Training Center, sponsored by our own Carolyn Dykema, on Wednesday, August 20th at noon.Good food, good company and of course good weather.