1. EMILEE DAWN GAGNON MEMORIAL FREE LIBRARY
The Holliston Police Department is pleased to announce the opening of a free library stand. This library is dedicated to the memory of Emilee Gagnon, daughter of Holliston Firefighter/Emergency Medical Technician John Gagnon and his wife Celia.
2. 30th Anniversary of the Ordination of The Reverend Dr. Linnea Prefontaine
3. Bogastow Brook Viaduct and Highland Tunnel in Holliston listed amongst Massachusetts Most Endangered Historic Resources
The Bogastow Brook Viaduct and the Highland Tunnel were both built in 1846 by the Boston and Worcester Railroad. The viaduct is an 8-arch bridge of granite and rubble fill that crosses the Bogastow Brook and also spans what was the tailrace of the former Darling Woolen Mills. The tunnel is constructed in a unique horseshoe shape with stone exterior and brick interior.
4. Fall Town Meeting held October 27, 2014
5. Now Showing on HCAT
Updated 10 - 25 - 2014
6. 12th Annual Walk Against Breast Cancer
7. Agricultural Commission to Plant Cranberries this Sunday
8. Invites Mailed for Veterans' Dinner
9. Free Dental Care Day
Harelick Dental Associates of Holliston 2 Smith Row Holliston, MA will host a Free Care Day in conjunction with Impact Health International providing the first 100+ adults with free dental care on Thursday, November 6, 2014.
10. A Haunted Hayride
Rumors of a school override. The Selectmen authorizing a new traffic study. A chance encounter with a member of the Democratic Town Committee. Yes, Holliston can be a scary place in which to live.
11. Beavers Take on Mission Springs - again
The bridge behind Mission Springs is entirely underwater as is the access to the bridge.
12. 17th Annual Cystic Fibrosis Cycle For Life
Once again, Holliston hosted the Annual Cystic Fibrosis Cycle For Life, with 378 registered riders and 290 actually riding today in rain. "I started the event in 1998 as a way to support my niece Haylee. We raised $ 8,500 that first year. We brought in $264,000 this year. Nationwide, the various CF Cycles for Life are anticipated to raise $4.5 million this year", said Matt Varrell.
13. On Writing A Memoir
The Holliston Historical Society is hosting a program this Wednesday, October 15, 7:30 PM. The subject is "On Writing A Memoir" by Thatcher Freund.
14. Don't Miss this Year's Senior Class Auction & Bazaar
Starts Monday, October 13, 2014 at Holliston High School, 370 Hollis Street @ 9AM
15. HYDRANT FLUSHING
The Department of Public Works will be flushing Fire Hydrants BEGINNING OCTOBER 14, 2014
16. Water Bills Cometh
The quarterly water bills will be mailed out October 17, 2014. This bill reflects water usage for the period July - September 2014 and any arrears. Bills are due in the Water Department office by Monday , November 17, 2014 at 4:30p.m.
17. Officer John Johnson's Killer to Remain Behind Bars
Police Chief John Moore released the Parole Board's decision on the request of Rolando Jimenez to be paroled.
18. Selectmen Interview Lieutenant Candidates
The Board of Selectmen met on Wednesday afternoon to interview four applicants for the open lieutenant position on the Holliston Police Department. It is a difficult decision as each applicant has qualifiations in experience, education, and personal attributes.
19. Brockert Lauded by American Legion Post 47
20. Holliston Business Association's 4th Annual Metrowest Brewfest
This year over 40 breweries will be represented pouring over 150 of the finest brews and meads in Metrowest and Massachusetts.