1. Fire & EMS Log: January 29 - February 4, 2016
2. Police Log for Week of January 31 - February 6, 2016
Sixty-seven storm-related calls to HPD on the 5th and 6th should qualify Holliston for disaster relief and New Englanders used to pride themselves on their winter driving expertise.
3. Preserve Our Eight Arch Bridge
The Bogastow Brook Viaduct, known as the 8-Arch Bridge was built in 1846. It is a Holliston landmark, now experiencing deterioration, should be preserved for future generations.
4. Pancakes and Hoagies
Super Bowl day was the day for pancakes and hoagies in Holliston. Boy Scouts did the pancakes and the Masons had the hoagies.
5. Round Two Has Begun
6. Super Souper Bowl
The Souper Bowl dinner at Jordan Hall on Saturday, February 6th was a fantastic success, soup-wise and a satisfied crowd.
7. McGrath/Leombruno Re-Election Reception
Ed McGrath and Janet Leombruno of Framingham who currently serve on the Massachusetts Republican State Committee are having a Re-Election Reception hosted by Senator Richard Ross. The event will take place Tuesday, February 9 at the Rome Restaurant in Franklin from 5:30pm- 7:30pm.
8. Holliston Public Schools School Committee News
School Committee Meetings are held at 7:00 p.m. in the High School Library The next School Committee meeting is February 25. The agenda tentatively includes: Budget sub-committee draft of the FY 2017 budget to School Committee Policy - Physical Restraint.
9. Marty Lamb Continues to Garner Support
Dear Editor, We are writing in support of Marty Lamb for Republican State Committee. Marty is a true leader with pure motives.
10. 29% Of Town Still Without Power
11. Keefe Tech Presents Charlotte's Web
The Keefe Regional Technical High School Drama Club will present their production of Charlotte’s Web, based on the book by E.B. White and adapted by Joseph Robinette, on Friday, February 12, 2016 at 7 pm and on Saturday, February 13, 2016 at 2 pm in the school auditorium.
12. CONGRATULATIONS 2015-2016 Scholastic Art and Writing Award Winners
13. Selectmen Create Community Farm Advisory Board
14. Photo of Bush 41 painting at the Museum in Pensacola
I found a home for the painting. I brought the painting to RI because that was the most convenient way to get it to the Naval Aviation Museum in Florida where it needed to go.
15. Full House for Herren
16. Peter J. Ferrelli, 89
17. 2016 Hoagie Sale
18. Police Log for Week of January 24, 2016
This week we feature more dogs on their own and an above average number of traffic stops.
19. Super Bowl Squares - Updated
The Holliston Lions Club and the Holliston Athletic Boosters Association have teamed up for worthy causes. They are both selling Big Board Squares for the February 7th Super Bowl and will share the profits to support their respective interests. The Super Bowl Game is fast approaching and this is your last chance to join the fun and also make this a great fundraiser. We have decided that we will be now selling the squares for $50 each, while also reducing the prize value equally.
20. The Residence at Valley Farm Teams with Holliston High
The Residence at Valley Farm in Ashland has teamed up with the Holliston High School Transition Program for a community service project.