1. The Third Annual Fashion Show for Holliston in Bloom
The Holliston in Bloom annual fashion show at Town Hall featured Holliston models wearing the latest and most beautiful attire.
2. Town Election Results
The annual Town Election on Tuesday, May 24th had 17.6% voter turnout, with some interesting results. There were no contested positions on the ballot, some write-in to fill vacancies and a critical ballot question regarding downtown signalization.
3. Agricultural Commission Chairman Resigns
4. Police Log for Week of May 15 - 21, 2016
Foxes and horses make the log and its time to order more ticket books.
5. Col. Sobchak to Marshal Annual Parade
6. Vandals Have Spray-painted the 8 Arch Bridge.
Along the concrete coping at the top is the word “love” done in purple. Then each granite post has a different colored letter painted on it.
7. Roselyn C. Scott, 78
8. VOTE YES for Downtown Project
Selectman Kevin Conley and Representative Carlolyn Dykema met with visitors at the Holliston Senior Center on Monday to review and answer questions about the proposed traffic and light signalization in Downtown and Question 1 on the ballot. Tuesday, May 24th is the day to vote YES to the proposal.
9. Ashland’s The Residence at Valley Farm Associates nominated and wins State-wide Excellence Award at MASS-ALFA Annual Awards Ceremony
Team members recognized for changing the lives of seniors for the better.
10. Now Showing on HCAT
11. Vesta Real Estate Group Shreds and Recycles for Habitat For Humanity
The Vesta Real Estate Group - Keller Williams Team was ready to go by 9 AM to accept items for shredding or for sale at the Worcester office/store of Habitat for Humanity, all to help Holliston's two homes under construction on Chamberlain Street.
12. Fire & EMS Log: May 13 - 19, 2016
13. Sylvia Bids Farewell
Madam Sylvia Stickney has attended her last meeting as a member of the Holliston Housing Authority. Fellow members and Cole Court residents wished her well.
14. Girl Scout Spring Registration
Girl Scout Spring Registration is happening this month! Sign up for next year at one of our upcoming events.
15. Exsultet. Shining A Light on First Responders
Choral performance at the First Congregational Church, 725 Washington St., on May 21, 2016, at 7:30 pm, in Holliston, MA. Reception to follow.
16. Guess who the Mystery Guest is
17. Design Work Begins on the 8 Arch Bridge
Engineers from Gill Engineering began the first phase of the rehabilitation of the 8 arch brige.
18. Town Election Tuesday, May 24th
There are 14 candidates running for public office on Tuesday, May 24th, and not one is contested position. BUT, there is one question on the ballot that is very very important and should be a reason to bring all registered voters to cast their yes or no vote.
19. Police Station Planting
The Holliston Police Station grounds are now well prepared for the America in Bloom judges coming in July, thanks to the dedicated workers of Boy Scout Troop 73, members of Holliston in Bloom and the Garden Club and donations of plants and flowers.
20. Vesta Real Estate Group’s Community Shredding Day
In honor of Earth Day, Vesta Real Estate Group’s 5th annual Community Shredding Day will be held on Saturday, May 21st from 9am to Noon. Held at the parking lot of the Holliston High School, it is a great opportunity to recycle and repurpose many items around the house.