1. Senator Spilka Visits HHS Transition Program
Superintendent Brad Jackson, PhD welcomes Senator Karen Spilka to Holliston High to view the success of the Transition Program that she helped establish with the state gift of $300,000.
2. Holliston Sings Haydn
Spring choral concert at St. Mary's. The Adult and Youth choirs joined be a professional orchestra will present a program of choral music by Haydn and Mozart on Friday, May 20th. All are invited to this concert.
3. Revised Schedule Youth Baseball/Softball Parade
· 9:00am-12:00 noon: Home Run Derby at Damigella Field to benefit the Timothy O’Connell Foundation (9am Farm, 10am Minors, 11am Majors) and view the Red Sox World Series Trophies for a photo opportunity. There will be HYBSA Spirit Wear for sale in the Adams Gym while team/individual photos are taken. · 12:15pm: Gather at Damigella Field – Players look for their division sign, and then for their coaches. Teams spread out along the outfield grass (t-ball and farm in front) · 12:30pm: Opening Day Ceremonies at Damigella Softball Field · 1:00pm: Parade marches as normal Holliston Community, please come out and support our parade at 1pm!
4. KEEFE TECH ANNOUNCES TERM 2 HONOR ROLL STUDENTS
5. Rail Trail Work to Commence on May 11th
6. Now Showing on HCAT
7. Coffee With the Cops
8. Board of Selectmen Met April 27
Selectmen Jay Leary, Chairman Jay Marsden, and Kevin Conley (l to r) met to finalize documents for Town Meeting, coming up on May 9. Mark your calendars.
9. Community Farm Advisory Board Forges Ahead
10. Summer Scholarships Available
We are pleased to announce three scholarship opportunities for the upcoming summer season. The application deadline has been extended through June 1, 2016. Recipients will be notified shortly thereafter.
11. Two Grants Awarded for Downtown Planning Efforts (and beyond)
12. Annual Town Meeting starts May 9th at 7:30 p.m. and runs for ... nights.
13. Wiffle Ball Tournament
Please join us on Saturday, April 30, to play Wiffle Ball in the second Wiffle Ball Tournament at Holliston High School to benefit The Timothy O’Connell Foundation!
14. Hundreds Enjoyed A Taste of Holliston
A classic spring Sunday afternoon was the perfect setting for the 9th Annual Taste of Holliston at the Holliston Historical Society. Pastries, candy, ice cream, traditional and ethnic foods were offered. No one went home hungry, that is for sure.
15. Flea Market at Blair Square
Scene from last years' flea market.
16. Paper Lanterns
17. Fire & EMS Log: April 15-21, 2016
18. The Fantasticks Come to Town, Washington Street Players
Don't miss this refreshing take on a timeless tale. It's worth the price of admission just to hear Rob Klimenczko sing and see his dashing El Gallo. The Washington Street Players will be performing it April 22, 23, 29 and 30 at 8:00 pm, and May 1 at 3 pm, at the Dancing Arts Center, 9 Whitney Street, Holliston. Tickets can be bought at the door.
19. Suicide Prevention Walk
WALKERS TAKE TO THE STREETS TO FIGHT SUICIDE on Sunday, May 15th at 10:00 am at Blair Square to walk along the Holliston Rail Trail to raise money to reduce the number of annual suicides. All donations are welcome.
20. Selectmen Sign Town Meeting Warrant