1. Now Showing on HCAT
2. School Committee Newsletter
School Committee Newsletter -- Issue #1 - October 13, 2016 IN THIS ISSUE: HOMEWORK, CHARTER SCHOOL BALLOT QUESTION, AND THE CAPITAL BUDGET SCHOOL $$ ON FALL TOWN MEETING WARRANT
3. Special Town Meeting, Monday-OCT 24th
Monday, October 24th is a special day, as it is the date of the SPECIAL TOWN MEETING, with 10 articles on the warrant. Your vote is important.
4. Coffee With A Cop
5. Selectmen Meeting 10/19
6. Open Studio at Holliston Mills
Holliston Mill artists will host their annual Open Studios on Saturday and Sunday, October 22 and 23, 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. each day. The Mill is located at 24 Water Street, Holliston.
7. Holliston Walks Again to Fight Breast Cancer
2016 marks Holliston's 14th annual walk against breast cancer dedicated again this year to the memory of Maryellen Miller.
8. Police Log for Week of October 9 - 15, 2016
As a service to the crashing public, we should put a kiosk at Washington & Highland stocked with accident report forms and, with so many reports of people living in the woods, its surprising that the Selectmen have not passed a Living in the Woods tax.
9. Have You Visited the Rail Trail Lately?
The supportive neighbors at Lista International Corp have donated an amazing raffle prize!
10. Wednesday, Last Voter Registration Day
The last day to register to vote in the November state election is Wednesday, October 19th. Check out on line registration system and also, check out your voter registraion status.
11. Vesta Real Estate Group Sponsors Build Day with Habitat for Humanity.
The first of two houses to be built on Chamberlain Street is taking shape with local volunteers helping the staff of Habitat for Humanity, Metrowest/Greater Worcester Area.
12. Downtown Corridor Planning Taking Shape
13. HIB Finishes Senior Center Beautification
It took five hours with about twenty volunteers. Shrubs, perennial flowers, and bark mulch were donated by Ahronian Landscaping. Holliston In Bloom bought Mums, Anne Huntington, a family member of Proven Winners Company, stopped in with another dozen of donated shrubs and flowers, and several members donated plants from there own gardens making an oasis !
14. Fire & EMS Log: October 7 - 13, 2016
15. Garden Club Features Deborah Trickett Container Gardening For The Holidays
16. Rail Trail Committee Says Onward to Sherborn
A recently paved section of the trail looking east from Chestnut Street towards Summer Street.
17. Selectmen Met on October 12th
The selectmen approved the current warrant, accepted resignation and appointed committee members,reviewed recent updates of the Economic Development Committee, discussed the 8 arch bridge issues and other routine business.
18. Charter Schools Explained
On November 8, Massachusetts voters will go to the polls to not only elect our next president, but also to vote on whether to lift the arbitrary cap on charter schools. Last Saturday, I had the privilege of sharing facts about public charter schools and Question 2 with the Holliston Democratic Town Committee during its monthly meeting.
19. Veterans Day Dinner Invites - In the Mail
(Welcome Home Celebration for Holliston WWI Veterans, 1920)
20. Library News