Update on B&E at Holliston Firearms
by Chief John Moore 3/6/13
In the early morning hours of January 26, 2013 Holliston Firearms was broken into and merchandise was stolen.
For the 38 days since the incident Detective Chuck Todd has devoted some portion of every workday to this case. Since this is an active investigation we are very cognizant of how our progress could potentially be compromised if the wrong information is released to the media and/or the public.
Balancing that professional devotion to the resolution of this crime we are also well aware of the public’s desire to know more about the progress of the case due to the heightened safety concern that accompanies the larceny of firearms. Therefore, in an effort to update the public on our progress to date I would draw your attention to the attached list of what has been done in regards to this case. This list is not all inclusive and the work will continue without lapse on this very serious matter.
· HPD Detective called to the scene. Midnight shift held over to follow up.
- State Police Crime Scene Services called to the scene immediately
- Check on proper licensing and municipal inspections. Checked ok.
- Evidence and information gathered by HPD and the State Police
- Extensive interviews of business owner and tenants residing in the building
- Canvass of downtown area and surrounding neighborhoods
- Canvass of exterior cameras in the downtown area and appropriate follow up
- Alert issued to other firearms dealer in Holliston
- Assistance of FBI on evidence analysis
- Assistance of AFT on firearms tracking
- Teletype sent to all surrounding law enforcement agencies
- Forensic analysis of firearms inventory and determination of stolen items
- Entry of stolen items into the State Firearms Inventory System
- K9 Grid Search of the surrounding neighborhoods for possible firearm(s)
- Interviews of other sources familiar with the area and potential criminal activity
- Review of voluminous in store video for potential suspects
- Drafting of Search Warrant Affidavit and Issuance of the same
- Execution of search warrant on residence. Evidence not located. Suspect dropped.
- Extensive review of all parties who had access to the property.
- Drafting of Subpoena and issuance of the same. Follow up in progress.
- Follow up on commonalities in other recent firearms larcenies in the general area
Posted in Police/Fire.