1. Earth Day is Shredding Day for Vesta Real Estate Group
Fran Pleska waits at the back of the line for her turn to unload her shreddable offerings on Earth Day 2017 at the Holliston High School parking lot.
2. The Best Stuff
A catalog arrived in the mail yesterday. Apparently I have been identified as a person who wants only the best stuff available, regardless of price or necessity.
3. Police Log for Week of April 9 - 15, 2017
Local Crime Stoppers were busy last week
4. Police Log for Week of April 2 - 8, 2017
Driver gets an expensive car wash on Prospect and Lassie confesses after 60 years.
5. Public Hearing on Downtown Corridor Continued
April 6, 2017. The Planning Board assembeled to hear additional comments before finalizing the plan that will propose zoning change to six distinct areas in the Downtown Corridor to Town Meeting in May.
6. Police Log for Week of March 26 - April 1, 2017
Why is it that dog owners never hear their dogs barking outside in the middle of the night?
7. Public Hearing on Downtown Corridor Held
April 6, 2017. Comments from Town Planner added.
8. Selectmen Meet March 29, 2017
Status of the Flagg and Andrews Schools, Houghton's Pond Dam, the 8 Arch Bridge, affordable housing and a replacement for the Police Chief highlight this week's Selectmen's meeting.
9. CPC Meets Again to Review Projects for Town Meeting
Three requests for funds from the Community Preservation Act are under review by the Community Preservation Committee.
10. Police Log for Week of March 19 - 25, 2017
Ok. Here's my plan: I'll drive through town looking like a travelling circus and the police won't suspect me of not having a driver's license; and Officer Davy Crockett responds to calls on Wilson and Washington Streets.
11. 8 Arch Bridge Committee Finalizes Construction Plan
At its March 21, 2017 meeting, the committee completed its plans to stabilize the bridge and make it safe for use as part of the rail trail.
12. Police Log for Week of March 12 - 18, 2017
Peeping Rudolph reported on Norland Street.
13. Historic Commission Reviews Proposed 8 Arch Bridge Work
As the scope of work for the 8 Arch Bridge takes shape, the committee has been meeting with other committees and boards which have an interest in or review authority over the work. Since the bridge is more than 50 years old, the Historic Commission's input is important.
14. Police Log for Week of March 5 - 11, 2017
Is it dead or just playing possum? and everyone knows you can't play basketball under a deck.
15. A look back at the Blizzard of 1978
Added a few pix by Sarah Commerford of today's storm.
16. Police Log for Week of February 26 - March 4, 2017
Why you should never say "yes" on the phone to any question from someone you don't know.
17. Lego Engineering at Town Hall
The Friends of the Holliston Public Library brought Play-Well Tek to Holliston to expose kids to basic engineering skills.
18. Police Log for Week of February 19 - 25, 2017
Nighmare on Elm Street and someone hooks and lands "the big one" on Marshall Street.
19. Police Log for Week of February 12 - 18, 2017
20. Residents View the Proposed Downtown Corridor Plan
The Planning Board in conjunction with the Metropolitan Area Planning Council has been working since Fall, 2016 on a Downtown Corridor Plan. On February 15, 2017, community input was sought on DRAFT zoning map and by-law changes in the Study Area (Woodland Street to Highland Street and south to the Upper Charles/Woodland Street).