1. Earth Day is Shredding Day for Vesta Real Estate Group
Fran Pleska waits at the back of the line for her turn to unload her shreddable offerings on Earth Day 2017 at the Holliston High School parking lot.
2. MOST LIKELY TO SUCCEED-Screening and Panel Discussion
Join us for this compelling community-wide event to learn more about the history of education in the United States and explore how we can encourage creativity and innovation in our schools to equip students for the changing needs of the future.
3. Earth Day is April 22nd - Shades of Green
From individual choices to our collective actions, each of us has the power to be “green” and make a positive difference for ourselves and our planet. There is always something we can do, and there is always something more we can do.
4. The Best Stuff
A catalog arrived in the mail yesterday. Apparently I have been identified as a person who wants only the best stuff available, regardless of price or necessity.
5. Holliston Newcomers Club Easter Basket Project with the Food Pantry Update:
Holliston Newcomers Club Easter Basket Project with the Food Pantry Update.
6. Police Log for Week of April 9 - 15, 2017
Local Crime Stoppers were busy last week
7. New Beginnings
In the past, America has had a history of welcoming new immigrants, but it has also turned many away. History has been the judge of this mistake.
8. Paul Revere and Bill Dawes Ride Again
April 17th is the official Patriots' Day, locally known as Marathon Day, but it is the day of the Paul Revere ride re-enacted by locals. Paul Revere does have a real Holliston connection too.
9. Estate Planning and Retirement Assets: What You Need to Know
Whether you're wealthy or earn a modest income, there is one estate planning concern that is shared by people from all walks of life -- the decision of who gets what when you're gone.
10. Police Log for Week of April 2 - 8, 2017
Driver gets an expensive car wash on Prospect and Lassie confesses after 60 years.
11. Importance of Updating your Computer
12. Public Hearing on Downtown Corridor Continued
April 6, 2017. The Planning Board assembeled to hear additional comments before finalizing the plan that will propose zoning change to six distinct areas in the Downtown Corridor to Town Meeting in May.
13. Police Log for Week of March 26 - April 1, 2017
Why is it that dog owners never hear their dogs barking outside in the middle of the night?
14. Public Hearing on Downtown Corridor Held
April 6, 2017. Comments from Town Planner added.
15. Slavery in New England
Tom Lincoln, the Executive Director of the Royall House and Slave Quarters in Medford, visited the Holliston Historical Society on March 26th to tell us a bit of history with slavery in New England.
16. Police Log for Week of March 19 - 25, 2017
Ok. Here's my plan: I'll drive through town looking like a travelling circus and the police won't suspect me of not having a driver's license; and Officer Davy Crockett responds to calls on Wilson and Washington Streets.
17. Local Author Kerri Miller at Fiske's Today 2-4
Back in the late 20th century, I used to hear that “the ancient Chinese art of Feng Shui” could solve all my problems simply by showing me how to move my furniture around. I was skeptical.
18. Slavery in New England
. March 26, 2017 @ 2:30 PM, 457 Washington Street, Holliston
19. 8 Arch Bridge Committee Finalizes Construction Plan
At its March 21, 2017 meeting, the committee completed its plans to stabilize the bridge and make it safe for use as part of the rail trail.
20. Four Ways to Double the Power of Your Tax Refund
The IRS expects that more than 70% of taxpayers will receive a refund in 2017.¹ What you do with a tax refund is up to you, but here are some ideas that may make your refund twice as valuable. Solares Hill Advisors Jay Marsden 847 Washington Street, Holliston, MA 01746 v.617-306-1572 email@example.com