1. The Process Has Begun for HIB
2. Earth Day is Shredding Day for Vesta Real Estate Group
Fran Pleska waits at the back of the line for her turn to unload her shreddable offerings on Earth Day 2017 at the Holliston High School parking lot.
3. Earth Day is April 22nd - Shades of Green
From individual choices to our collective actions, each of us has the power to be “green” and make a positive difference for ourselves and our planet. There is always something we can do, and there is always something more we can do.
4. Holliston Conservation Associates Host Vernal Pool Walk
Marc Connelly will explain the characteristics of vernal pools and show us some of the creatures who live there. This is a wonderful, hands-on program for children and adults alike.
5. Vesta Real Estate Group’s Community Shredding Day
Shredding Day provides on-site, secure shredding of personal documents (8 box maximum).
6. Walk in the Woods
The Town Forest is land that has never been occupied, never built upon and has spent most of its existence as wood lots and still shows signs of minor quarrying.
7. Water Ban as of May 1st.
A water ban is in effect in Holliston under the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Water Management Protection's Act effective May 1st banning non-essential outdoor water use.
8. Holliston in Bloom Earth Day cleanup
9. Lulek is Beekeeper of the Year
The Norfolk County Beekeepers Association's Board of Directors would like to announce that Tony Lulek is the 2016 Beekeeper of the Year for the Massachusetts Beekeepers Association.
10. Caboose May Grace Blair Square
11. CPC Meets Again to Review Projects for Town Meeting
Three requests for funds from the Community Preservation Act are under review by the Community Preservation Committee.
12. Walk for Madame Caccavale
Join us on the Holliston Rail Trail for a 2.5 mile walk to support the Holliston Scholarship Foundation's Therese Caccavale Scholarship Award
13. 8 Arch Bridge Committee Finalizes Construction Plan
At its March 21, 2017 meeting, the committee completed its plans to stabilize the bridge and make it safe for use as part of the rail trail.
14. Talk on the Winter Moth and the Gypsy Moth
Have you ever wondered about the swarms of brown moths around your door in the fall or why the leaves on your trees look like Swiss cheese?
15. Community Farm to Hold Egg Hunt
16. Mudville's Charlie Roberts Makes His Debut on Chronicle
The sap is running - well amost - and Charlie Roberts is in high gear tapping trees.
17. Town Forest Commitee Plans April Walk
18. Seed Exchange by Friends of the Farm
19. Gray Areas Cloud Marijuana Legalization
20. March Winds Clear Out Dead Wood