1. Inaugural Meeting of Friends of the Holliston Community Farm
2. Wenakeening Woods Entrance Gets Trimmed
The Highland Street entrance to Wenakeening Woods was overgrown, making it difficult to walk without getting a stick in your eye.
3. Bullard Farm Winter Nature Walk Sunday
Join us for an educational, unpredictable, and always entertaining, winter nature walk at Bullard Memorial Farm.
4. Lutherans Go Solar
Christ the King Lutheran Church has installed solar panels on their church buildings that willl reduce utility costs and help the envrironmnent too. This was a major decision that provides 30% savings, a 25 year lease, with no costs to the church.
5. Down at This Poor Farm
6. Volunteer Summit Held
Most of Holliston's volunteer organizations met at the Senior Center to share their goals and offer to work together for the good of the community.
7. HIB & Farm Advisory Committee Plotting Planting Season
8. Tips To Prevent Ice Dams From Visiting This Winter
It's that time of year again. Winter is officially here and with it comes the increased chance of ice dams for homeowners and renters alike. Ice dams are ridges of ice that can form on your roof when melted snow re-freezes. These ridges can cause water to back up and seep into your home, causing water damage. JensenSheehan.com can be a great resource in preventing and fixing ice dams. Below are links to 2 original blog posts from last winter with helpful tips and tricks.
9. Water Bills Cometh
The quarterly water bills will be mailed out Tuesday, January 17, 2017. This bill reflects water usage for the period October - December 2016 and any arrears. Bills are due in the Water Department office on Friday, February 17, 2017 by 1:00p.m.
10. Let the 2017 Planting Season Begin
11. HollistonReporter.com - Everything Holliston
This digital rag is all about informing residents, businesses and anyone else with an interest in Holliston about our daily activities.
12. Last Night, First Night. Done Right
Who needs downtown Boston when you can enjoy what Holliston has to offer with time left over to party some more?
13. First Night 2016/17 A Huge Success
14. Friends of Rail Trail 4th Annual First Night Trail Walk
15. Christmas Tree Disposal Service
Christmas trees are fun to buy or cut and decorate, but when the time comes to dispose of them, what do you do? Boy Scout Troop 76 Annual Christmas Tree Disposal Saturday, January 7, 2017 (Snow date Jan. 8th) This is the answer to disposal of the now used Christmas tree.
16. Ag/Com Proposes Raised Garden Beds at Senior Center
17. Rail Trail Committee Meeting
Impressive number of topics were covered in December Rail Trail committee meeting.
18. Farm Advisory Putting Their Ducks in Order
19. Interpretations of the 8 Arch Bridge Auction
Bidding has been extended to Dec 19th.
20. Arcadian Opens Doors on New Farm Stand