1. Now Showing on HCAT
2. Leary Steps Down as Chairman of Board of Selectmen
3. Four Ways to Double the Power of Your Tax Refund
The IRS expects that more than 70% of taxpayers will receive a refund in 2017.¹ What you do with a tax refund is up to you, but here are some ideas that may make your refund twice as valuable. Solares Hill Advisors Jay Marsden 847 Washington Street, Holliston, MA 01746 v.617-306-1572 firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Save The Date - HHS Alumni Reunion 2017
5. Talk on the Winter Moth and the Gypsy Moth
Have you ever wondered about the swarms of brown moths around your door in the fall or why the leaves on your trees look like Swiss cheese?
6. ACA repeal and the impact on Massachusetts
As many are aware, efforts are underway in Congress to repeal the Affordable Care Act (also known as the “ACA”).
7. Police Log for Week of March 12 - 18, 2017
Peeping Rudolph reported on Norland Street.
8. Historic Commission Reviews Proposed 8 Arch Bridge Work
As the scope of work for the 8 Arch Bridge takes shape, the committee has been meeting with other committees and boards which have an interest in or review authority over the work. Since the bridge is more than 50 years old, the Historic Commission's input is important.
9. Preparing for MCAS 2.0, Student in the News, Budget Update, New Policy Approved, Recycling Efforts
10. Fire & EMS Log: March 10 - 16, 2017
11. Annual Outreach Auction
12. Upgrade or Risk to National Security?
13. Holliston Resident Honored by Celtics
The Boston Celtics honored Sheila for her lifelong commitment to services and rights for people with disabilities.
14. Tobacco Sale Age May Change
The sale of tobacco products to 18 year olds may be upped to 21. The Board of Health will consider the change in Holliston.
15. Therese S Caccavale Scholarship Award
The Friends and family of Therese S. Caccavale are establishing an annual Scholarship in her memory. Therese was a dynamic teacher in the Holliston Public Schools for the past 38 years.
16. Dementia Safety Concerns Addressed
Free Program to Address Dementia Safety Concerns
17. Kylie Williams, Candidate for Board of Health
Kylie Williams, long time Holliston resident and frequent community volunteer, has announced her intention to run for a seat on the Board of Health in the May 23rd Town Election.
18. Fire & EMS Log: March 3 - 9, 2017
19. It's the most Wonderful Time of the Year for the Holliston PTO
Lots of great events and activities planned to support our teachers, students, families.
20. Lions Raffle Winners
The Lions Club annual ten thousand dolllar raffle was held on Saturday, March 11th at Glen Ellen. Toward the end of the evening and its climactic point, ten final tickets remained after 290 were drawn for elimination and were eligible to share the 10K. But this year, the ten was reduced, by choice, to three who shared the ten thousand dollar prize.