1. 8 Arch Bridge Committee Finalizes Construction Plan
At its March 21, 2017 meeting, the committee completed its plans to stabilize the bridge and make it safe for use as part of the rail trail.
2. Earth Hour
Earth Hour is March 25th- One Hour, a World of Importance 1 hour, 1 day is all it takes to stand with millions of fellow Americans and show support for the Earth while also raising awareness of the devastating impact of Climate Change.
3. Leary Steps Down as Chairman of Board of Selectmen
4. ACA repeal and the impact on Massachusetts
As many are aware, efforts are underway in Congress to repeal the Affordable Care Act (also known as the “ACA”).
5. Fire & EMS Log: March 3 - 9, 2017
6. Kylie Williams, Candidate for Board of Health
Kylie Williams, long time Holliston resident and frequent community volunteer, has announced her intention to run for a seat on the Board of Health in the May 23rd Town Election.
7. Brain Loughlin to Seek Reelection to Board of Assessors
My name is Brian C. Loughlin and I wish to announce that I intend on taking out nomination papers and running for reelection to the Holliston Board of Assessors.
8. A Limerick in the Spirit of St. Patrick's Day
A Limerick for Holliston in Bloom By Karen Spilka
9. Ode to the Mayor of Mudville
Ode to the Mayor of Mudville An original work by Carolyn Dykema To the Tune of "the Ballard of Jed Clampett," also known as the theme from the Beverly Hillbillies.
10. St. Paddy's Political Roast
No one was safe from the jabs of the political pundits.
11. Town Forest Commitee Plans April Walk
12. Unorthodox Campaign Announcement
Last week, I took out papers to run for the Board of Assessors in the upcoming May 23rd town election. There is one open seat on the three-member Board.
13. Notice of Volunteer Position Opening: Conservation Commissioner
14. The Importance of Free Press
“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.” Last Friday, the White House took the surprising step of banning several news outlets-
15. Economic Development Committee Favors Planning Board Remapping
16. Grateful to Return to Fifth Term as Your Rep
I'm grateful to begin my fifth term representing you and the 8th Middlesex District. The 190th legislative session officially began on January 4th, when I took the oath of office alongside my fellow legislators, and I am excited to have the chance to continue advocating for the issues and priorities that are most important to you and all of my constituents.
17. Selectmen Meet March 1st
18. Holliston Democrats to Hold Caucus
Democrats in Holliston will caucus to elect delegates to the 2017 Massachusetts Democratic Convention.
19. Community Forum on Question 4
20. Senator Spilka Reappointed Chair Ways and Means
Senator Karen E. Spilka (D-Ashland) has been reappointed Chair of the Senate Committee on Ways and Means for the 2017-2018 legislative session. As Chair, Senator Spilka is responsible for developing the annual state budget and overseeing the finances of the Commonwealth