1. Town Receives 50k Traffic Lights Grant
2. Holliston Democrats to Co-host Forum
The Holliston Democratic Town Committee is one of 7 area committees co-hosting the Metrowest Immigration Forum: A Call to Action.
3. New Beginnings
In the past, America has had a history of welcoming new immigrants, but it has also turned many away. History has been the judge of this mistake.
4. Holliston Democrats Elect Convention Delegates, Officers
5. Holliston in Bloom Earth Day cleanup
6. Town Election Candidates
Nomination papers have been submitted for the 12 open positions to be chosen by resident voters at the Town election on May 23, 2017. Be prepared to cast votes.
7. Public Hearing on Downtown Corridor Continued
April 6, 2017. The Planning Board assembeled to hear additional comments before finalizing the plan that will propose zoning change to six distinct areas in the Downtown Corridor to Town Meeting in May.
8. Public Hearing on Downtown Corridor Held
April 6, 2017. Comments from Town Planner added.
9. Caboose May Grace Blair Square
10. Selectmen Meet March 29, 2017
Status of the Flagg and Andrews Schools, Houghton's Pond Dam, the 8 Arch Bridge, affordable housing and a replacement for the Police Chief highlight this week's Selectmen's meeting.
11. CPC Meets Again to Review Projects for Town Meeting
Three requests for funds from the Community Preservation Act are under review by the Community Preservation Committee.
12. 8 Arch Bridge Committee Finalizes Construction Plan
At its March 21, 2017 meeting, the committee completed its plans to stabilize the bridge and make it safe for use as part of the rail trail.
13. Earth Hour
Earth Hour is March 25th- One Hour, a World of Importance 1 hour, 1 day is all it takes to stand with millions of fellow Americans and show support for the Earth while also raising awareness of the devastating impact of Climate Change.
14. Leary Steps Down as Chairman of Board of Selectmen
15. ACA repeal and the impact on Massachusetts
As many are aware, efforts are underway in Congress to repeal the Affordable Care Act (also known as the “ACA”).
16. Fire & EMS Log: March 3 - 9, 2017
17. Kylie Williams, Candidate for Board of Health
Kylie Williams, long time Holliston resident and frequent community volunteer, has announced her intention to run for a seat on the Board of Health in the May 23rd Town Election.
18. Brain Loughlin to Seek Reelection to Board of Assessors
My name is Brian C. Loughlin and I wish to announce that I intend on taking out nomination papers and running for reelection to the Holliston Board of Assessors.
19. A Limerick in the Spirit of St. Patrick's Day
A Limerick for Holliston in Bloom By Karen Spilka
20. Ode to the Mayor of Mudville
Ode to the Mayor of Mudville An original work by Carolyn Dykema To the Tune of "the Ballard of Jed Clampett," also known as the theme from the Beverly Hillbillies.