Holliston Lions Coat and Clothing Recycling Continues
The Holliston Lions Club would like to thank everyone who came out on Saturday, November 2, to the Holliston Senior Center to drop off coats and clothing. Thanks to your efforts we dropped 40 winter coats and 20 fleece jackets to Anton’s Cleaners for our Coats for Kids collection.
We also collected about 100 pounds of used clothing. These clothes will be sent to Savers and the Holliston Lions Club will collect twenty-five cents per pound which will be donated to Massachusetts Lions Eye Research Fund, Inc. for our “Pennies for Sight” campaign, an ongoing project of the Holliston Lions Club.
We have had several inquiries since Saturday and because so many people have reached out, we have decided to offer you additional opportunities to drop off coats and clothing. Remember, coats can be donated in all sizes, including infants, children, and adults.
Donated clothing should be suitable for reuse — we are collecting all types of clothing we simply ask if you are donating undergarments they be in unopened packages.
Anyone who has items to donate is asked to review the below schedule for additional drop-off times:
- Holliston Public Library – November 9 from 10 am to 12pm during our Speech Contest
- Upper Town Hall — November 11 from 11am to 1pm Veteran’s Luncheon with VFW and American Legion
- Anthony’s on the Green — November 12 from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm (join us for a Holliston Lions Meet & Greet while you’re here!)
- Papa Gino’s Medway — November 13 from 5pm to 7pm (pick up pizza and they’ll donate 20 percent of what you spend to Pennies for Sight, flyer attached!)
- Mission Springs — November 17 from 8:30 am to 10:30 am
If you have items to donate and cannot make any of these times/locations please feel free to email us at email@example.com and we will see if we can arrange a more convenient time/location for you. Thank you again for your ongoing support.