HPD Monthly Update for May 2020
- On May 5, 2020, Chief Stone and SRO Digiorgio participated in a “Zoom” check-in call with the Holliston Public Schools, Holliston Youth and Family Services, and the Holliston Fire Department.
- On May 9, 2020, Officer Andrew MacGray reached eighteen (18) years of service with the Holliston Police Department.
- On May 10, 2020, Lieutenant Leurini participated in a “Zoom” meeting regarding drug/alcohol impaired driving interdiction.
- On May 11 – 15, 2020, Sergeant Belson and Officer Woods attended a forty (40) hour basic police motorcycle course in New Hampshire.
- On May 18, 2020, Lieutenant George Leurini and Sergeant Todd Hagan reached seventeen (17) years of service with the Holliston Police Department.
- On May 19, 2020, Chief Stone, SRO Digiorgio and SRO Woods participated in a “Zoom” check-in call with the Holliston Public Schools, Holliston Youth and Family Services, and the Holliston Fire Department.
- On May 19, 2020, Lieutenant Thompson participated in a “Zoom” call with the Massachusetts Police Accreditation Commission (MPAC) in preparation for the police department’s upcoming accreditation assessment.
- On May 28, 2020, Lieutenant Thompson held his monthly meeting with School Resource Officers Digiorgio and Woods.
- On May 28, 2020, Lieutenant Thompson held a field training program meeting with Field Training Officers Dalrymple, Remkus, Hagan, and Downey.
- During the month of May, Sergeant Hagan and K-9 Mattis completed their sixteen (16) hours of mandatory in-service training with the Boston Police K-9 Unit.
It should be noted that several planned training courses were cancelled or postponed during the month of April due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
NOTE: On March 13, 2020, Chief Stone administered a “Special Order” to all department personnel that limited close-proximity contacts with members of the public including many community interactions that typically occur each month.
- During the month of May, the Holliston Police Department participated in over thirty (30) birthday processions/parades.
- During the month of May, several Officers deployed the police bicycles to patrol town beaches, parks, and fields.
- On May 4, 2020, several members of the Holliston Police Department teamed up with Any Fence Company to deliver over two hundred (200+) lunches to health care providers and nurses at Metro West Framingham Hospital and Milford Regional Hospital.
- On May 7, 2020, Lieutenant Leurini participated in a “Zoom” call with a UMass Lowell student regarding traffic cameras.
- On May 15, 2020, members of the Holliston Police Department participated in a flag lowering ceremony in honor of Police Officer Memorial Day.
- On May 17, 2020, several members of the Holliston Police Department participated in a wreath laying ceremony in honor of fallen Holliston Police Officer John Johnson at St. Mary’s Cemetery.
- On May 25, 2020, Chief Stone, Sergeant Dalrymple, Officer Scanlon, Officer Downey, and Officer Woods attended the Memorial Day event at the Holliston Town Hall.
Due to the uncertainty and unpredictability of the COVID-19 pandemic, all upcoming events have been postponed and/or cancelled. Once the local and state “State of Emergency” order is lifted, the men and women of the Holliston Police Department will be rescheduling many of the missed events.