Holliston Police July 2020 Department Update
- On July 8, 9, 14, & 15, 2020, several Officers completed their in-service training from April 2020.
- The motor vehicle law class was instructed by Lieutenant Justin Hanrahan, Esq. of the Watertown Police Department and the K-9 Operations class was instructed by Sergeant/K-9 Hagan, Ashland Sergeant/K-9 Alberini, and Hopkinton K-9 Officer Sancioni.
- On July 14, 2020, Chief Stone met with Dr. Susan Kustka, Holliston’s new interim-Superintendent of Schools and welcomed her to Holliston.
- On July 14 & 15, 2020, Lieutenant Leurini assisted the Massachusetts Police Accreditation Commission (MPAC) at the Marlborough Police Department with their mock assessment before their full assessment for re-accreditation.
- On July 15, 2020, Chief Stone participated on an interview panel for a K-9 handler selection process at the Milford Police Department.
- On July 18, 2020, Sergeant Ken Belson completed thirteen (13) years of service with the Holliston Police Department.
- On July 23, 2020, Chief Stone, Lieutenant Thompson, and Lieutenant Leurini attended a meeting with Cyber Communications, Inc. and Fire Chief Cassidy to discuss the upcoming public safety radio improvement project in Holliston.
- On July 24, 2020, Officer Daniel Griffith completed twenty (20) years of service with the Holliston Police Department.
- On July 19, 2020, Officer Ryan Parent began his 7th week of the Holliston Police Department Field Training Officer (FTO) program. Officer Parent is scheduled to complete his FTO program by the beginning of September.
- On July 31, 2020, Officer Alex Hulme began his 8th week of the Holliston Police Department Field Training Officer Program. Officer Hulme is scheduled to complete his FTO program by the beginning of September.
- During the month of July, Sergeant/K-9 Hagan and K-9 Mattis completed their mandatory 16 hours of in-service training with the Boston Police K-9 Unit.
- NOTE: On March 13, 2020, Chief Stone administered a “Special Order” to all department personnel that limited close-proximity contacts with members of the public including many community interactions that typically occur each month.
- During the month of July, Officer John Scanlon and Officer Andy MacGray issued 42 pistol permits and 2 firearm identification cards. **
- On July 25, 2020, several members of the police department assisted the faculty and administration at the Holliston High School during their 2020 senior graduation event.
** When asked by HR about this apparent large number of permits, Chief Stone responded, “I would attribute most of these permits to be “makeups” from those individuals who were unable to come into the police station to have photographs/fingerprints completed. From March to June we completed all LTC/FID applications online due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Because of the “backlog” of prints/photos, we decided to host an outdoor fingerprint and photograph session.”
- Late August/Early September 2020 – The Holliston Police Department will be hosting a bicycle safety event at the Placentino/Miller School parking lot. More info coming soon.