Council on Aging Holds Its May Meeting
Wednesday, May 12, 2021, the Holliston Council on Aging (CoA) met at the Holliston Senior Center. Chair Bob Malone called the meeting to order shortly after 2:00pm.
As shown in the photo below, there is adequate space for the Council and the public to attend these in-person meetings and maintain social distancing. Council meetings are open to the public following the current COVID safety protocols in place in Holliston.
Chair Malone welcomed two visitors who were interested in learning more about what the Council does with the possibility of volunteering to serve on the CoA. Others who may be interested can contact the Senior Center.
Senior Center Director, Lisa Borchetta presented her first monthly report to the Council.
- Many facility upgrades have been completed in the past several months.
- The re-opening plans for the Holliston Senior Center (HSC) are being explored with Fire Chief Michael Cassidy
- The Senior Center was awarded a $9,500 grant from the MetroWest Health Foundation to purchase tents to house outdoor activities at the Center.
- There are “Meet and Greet” sessions with Lisa scheduled on Tuesdays, May 18th and May 25th. Space is still available to sign up. 508.429.0622
- The Holliston Lions will be hosting a drive-by cookout on May 27th.
- The “Summer Sizzler” luncheon will be held on June 21st at noon.
- The Senior Support Foundation hopes to hold its annual fund-raising sale in 2021. It will be scaled back to an outdoor ‘yard sale’ – more info to follow.
- Assistant Director Bryan Perkins left the HSC at the end of April to provide technical support for the “MySeniorCenter” used at the Senior Center.
- Interviews are underway to fill the Assistant Director position.
- The Omnibus Budget passed at Town Meeting allows for a part-time administrative assistant to be added to the Staff at HSC. Hopefully, the new position will be filled at the beginning of the new fiscal year in July.
Great news for Hollistonians who use the MetroWest Regional Transit Authoriy (MWRTA). Linda Marshall will likely be Holliston’s representative on the MWRTA Advisory Board. Linda has worked closely with the MWRTA for years to bring Holliston the vehicles and funding that transports our Seniors to appointments, grocery shopping, etc. Holliston will be very fortunate to have such a knowledgeable advocate on the Advisory Board.
The CoA’s next meeting will be its Annual Meeting on June 9, 2021 at 2:00pm – the public is invited (up to the safe capacity at that time).