HPD Monthly Update – June 2021
July 13, 2021 / /
- On June 4, 2020, Dispatcher Liana Lodola reached two (2) years of service with the Holliston Police Department.
- On June 1, 2021, Per-Diem Dispatcher Richards completed a four-hour “Opioid Overdose –Responding to Persons in Crisis” training course via Zoom.
- On June 2, 2021, Per-Diem Dispatcher Richards completed a four-hour “Lives on the Line: Dispatchers and Domestic Violence” training course via Zoom.
- On June 2, 2021, Officer Heney and Officer Grace attended a one-day “Mental Health First Aid for First Responders” training course in Milford, MA .
- On June 4 & 17, 2021, several officers attended their annual “Defensive Tactics” re-certification training at the Holliston Police Department. The recertification course was taught by Sergeant Belson, Detective Avey, and Hopkinton Police Sergeant Brennan.
- On June 7 – 18, 2021, Officer MacGray attended a two-week “Command Series Training: First Line Supervisors Course” at the Justice System Training and Research Institute at Roger Williams University.
- On June 7 – 9, 2021, Officer Coakley attended a three-day “MPTC Instructor Certification – Rifle Instructor” course at Fort Devens, MA.
- On June 8, 2021, Lieutenant Leurini attended a meeting with the “Safe Routes to School” organization.
- On June 10 & 11, 2021, several officers participated in the Physical Abilities Test (PAT) assessment for new police officer candidates at the Holliston High School.
- On June 14, 2021, our new full-time dispatcher, Lianne MacDonald, began her field training program at the police department.
- On June 14 – 18, 2021, new full-time dispatcher Lianne MacDonald completed a forty-hour “APCO Public Safety Telecommunication (PST)” training course at the Holliston Police station.
- On June 16, 2021, Officer Ciavarra, Officer Parent, and department clinician Ashley Scionti attended the “10th Annual Mental Health & Law Enforcement Conference” via Zoom.
- On June 18, 2021, Officer MacGray successfully completed and graduated from the two-week “Command Series Training: First Line Supervisors Course” at the Justice System Training and Research Institute at Roger Williams University.
- On June 21 – 23, 2021, Sergeant Remkus attended a three-day “MPTC Instructor Certification –Rifle Instructor” course in Medfield, MA.
- On June 22 & 23, 2021, new full-time dispatcher Lianne MacDonald completed a two-day “Next Generation E-911 New Hire” training course at the Holliston Police station.
- On June 23 – 25, 2021, Sergeant Belson attended a three-day “Peer Support” training course in Worcester, MA.
- On June 30, 2021, several members of the police department held a retirement breakfast for Sergeant Glenn Dalrymple at the conclusion of his last patrol shift. Sergeant Dalrymple officially retires from the police department on July 6, 2021 after protecting and serving the Holliston community for more than thirty-five (35) years.
- On June 30, 2021, Lieutenant Leurini submitted a Municipal Road Safety Grant with the Executive Office of Public Safety and Security, Office of Grants and Research, Highway Safety Division in the amount of $30,000.
- During the month of June, Sergeant/K-9 Hagan and K-9 Mattis completed their mandatory 16 hours of in-service training with the Boston Police K-9 Unit.
- On June 5, 2021, Lieutenant Leurini, School Resource Officer Woods, and two Holliston Auxiliary Officers organized a “bicycle rodeo” event for middle school aged students at the Placentino Elementary School. Bicycle helmets and bicycle safety tips were distributed to those who attended the event.
- On June 6, 2021, several members of the police department assisted the high school administration with the 2021 Holliston High School graduation event.
- On June 6, 2021, Officer Woods assisted the Ashland Police Department with our police motorcycle (MC-1) to assist with the escort for the 2021 Ashland High School graduation parade.
- On June 8, 2021, Sergeant Belson met with Fire Chief Cassidy and Mr. Carl Damigella to discuss traffic and planning ideas for this fall’s “Celebrate Holliston” event.
- On June 10, 2021, Officer Woods assisted the Worcester Police Department with our police motorcycle (MC-1) to assist with the funeral escort of Worcester Police Officer Enmanuel “Manny” Familia who died in the line of duty.
- On June 10, 2021, Sergeant Waugh, Sergeant Remkus, Officer Loftus, and Detective Avey attended the funeral services for Worcester Police Officer Enmanuel “Manny” Familia who died in the line of duty.
- On June 11, 2021, Chief Stone, Sherborn Sergeant Luke Tedstone, and department clinician Ashley Scionti attended a “Law Enforcement and Autism Collaboration Session” event at Boston College. The event was sponsored by the Doug Flutie Jr. for Autism Foundation.
- On June 12, 2021, Sergeant Remkus participated in the annual “Cruiser Convoy” event sponsored by the Special Olympics of Massachusetts. This event celebrates and supports the athletes as they compete in their regional track and field events.
- On June 22, 2021, Chief Stone attended the funeral services for K-9 Kitt of the Braintree Police Department who was shot and killed in the line of duty. The funeral services were held at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, MA.
- On June 23, 2021, Chief Stone, Sergeant Dalrymple, Detective Maguire, Officer MacGray, Officer Coakley, Officer Charette, Dispatcher Lodola, and Per-Diem Dispatcher Masiello participated in the “Pizza with Police” event at Bazel’s Pizza. This community event was open to all community members and designed to engage Holliston residents in casual conversation.
- On June 24, 2021, Officer Charette accepted a $1,000 donation on behalf of the “Friends of Holliston K-9” organization from the Holliston Lion’s Club to be used toward the Holliston Police Department’s Community Resource Dog program.
- On June 26, 2021, Officer Coakley travelled to Foxborough, MA on the department’s police motorcycle (MC-1) to participate in a birthday card and cruiser convoy for 12 year old Malia Jusczyk of Plainville who is undergoing treatment for an aggressive disease. Auxiliary Police Captain James Ray also attended this event.
- Thursday, July 15th – The Holliston Police Department will once again be partnering with Boston Children’s Hospital to host a community blood drive event. The BCH blood mobile will be parked in the front parking lot of the police station from 9:00AM-3:00PM to collect much needed blood donations. More information about this event will be posted to our HPD social media platforms in the coming weeks.
- Tuesday, August 3rd – “National Night Out,” a community-building campaign that promotes police-community partnerships, is scheduled to take place at Goodwill Park in conjunction with the Holliston Parks and Recreation Summer Concert Series.
- August 2021 – Our second “Bicycle Rodeo” of the season will be held at the Placentino Elementary School before the end of the summer. Additional information to come soon.