Senior Critical Home Repair Continues – Applications Now Being Accepted
The Holliston Senior Center and the Greater Worcester Area Habitat for Humanity are continuing to partner in a Critical Home Repair Program for eligible older Holliston residents.
The program has received a second grant of $75,000 from Holliston’s ARPA allotment and new applications are now being accepted.
To qualify, seniors must own their own home in Holliston and be current on their taxes, insurance and mortgage (if applicable) and meet the following criteria:
- health/safety repairs to improve residents’ quality of life
- low-and-moderate income residents 70 or older
- applicants with no more than $75,000 in total, liquid, household assets (excluding retirement funds)
- it’s a no-cost, no repayment program funded by the Town of Holliston administered by Habitat
- applicants should review the application before their appointment, fill it out as much as possible, and bring all requested verifying documents
Senior Center Director Lisa Borchetta, “encourages eligible seniors to avail themselves of this opportunity to make their home safe and livable so they can age-in-place.” Borchetta went on to say, “projects are in the $10,000 – 20,000 range and two projects have been completed through the program.”