HPD Monthly Update: September 2022
October 14, 2022 / / Comments Off on HPD Monthly Update: September 2022
- During the month of September, all department members reviewed Policy 4.03 “Police Media Relations.”
- On September 1, 2022, Chief Stone, Lieutenant Thompson, Sergeant MacGray, Officer Parent, and Dispatcher Lodola attended the graduation ceremonies for the 72nd Recruit Officers Class at the Plymouth Police Academy in Plymouth, MA. (Officers Craig and Mustard graduated in this class.)
- On September 5, 2022, newly graduated Officers David Craig and Christopher Mustard began their first day of field training with senior members of the police department.
- On September 6, 13, 26, and 27, 2022, all sworn members of the police department participated in their semi-annual firearms qualification training at the Hopkinton Sportsman Association.
- On September 6, 2022, Lieutenant Thompson, Dispatcher Lodola, and Assistant Town Administrator/Human Resources Director interviewed a candidate for the position of full-time civilian dispatcher.
- On September 8, 2022, Chief Stone attended a Middlesex Chiefs of Police meeting in Lincoln, MA.
- On September 8, 2022, Lieutenant Thompson and Auxiliary Police Captain James Ray met with the Celebrate Holliston committee to discuss the upcoming traffic plans for the parade and field day event.
- On September 8, 2022, Chief Stone attended an Executive Session meeting with the Holliston Finance Committee.
- On September 9, 2022, Detective Christopher Avey reached three (3) years of service with the Holliston Police Department.
- On September 12, 2022, the position of Operations Lieutenant was posted.
- On September 12, 2022, the position of Police Detective was posted.
- On September 13, 2022, Chief Stone and Lieutenant Thompson met with Town Administrator Travis Ahearn, Assistant Town Administrator/Human Resources Director Kathleen Buckley, and all civilian dispatchers from the department to discuss proposed changes to the Town’s Personnel By-Laws at the upcoming Special Town Meeting in October.
- On September 14, 2022, Chief Stone attended a department head meeting at the Town Hall.
- On September 14, 2022, School Resource Officer DiGiorgio, School Resource Officer Woods, and Officer Keefe attended a one-day “Behavioral Threat Assessment Training for School Resource Officers” at the Meditech Conference Center in Canton, MA.
- On September 14, 2022, Sergeant Belson attended a one-day “Instructor Certification – Duty to Intervene Train-the-Trainer” course in Southbridge, MA.
- On September 14 – 16, 2022, Sergeant Belson and Detective Avey attended a three-day “Defensive Tactics Instructor Re-Certification Course” in Southbridge, MA.
- On September 14, 2022, Chief Stone, Lieutenant Thompson, and Detective Maguire met School Superintendent Dr. Susan Kustka, Student Services Director Jess Beattie, and representatives from the Department of Children and Families about an active case/investigation regarding a student and family within our community.
- On September 14, 2022, the Massachusetts Department of Fire Services District 14 Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) team responded to the Holliston Police Department to conduct a debriefing with police/fire personnel regarding a sensitive call that was handled a few nights prior.
- On September 15, 2022, the Holliston Police Department hosted the Chiefs of Police from the communities of Ashland, Millis, Sherborn, Medway, Hopkinton, Wayland, and Medfield along with their respective training liaisons in the John Johnson training room to discuss the upcoming 2022-2023 inservice training curriculum.
- On September 15, 2022, Chief Stone attended a “National Preparedness Month Resources for K-12 Schools and Communities” seminar via Zoom.
- On September 19 – 23, 2022, Officer Ciavarra attended a 5-day “National Association of School Resource Officers” training course at the Randolph Police Academy.
- On September 20 – 22, 2022, Chief Stone attended a three-day “Police Chief In-Service Training Conference” in Norwood, MA.
- On September 22, 2022, Officers Craig and Mustard were trained and certified in the use of our “Electronic Controlled Weapons (ECW)” at the Holliston Police Station.
- On September 26, 2022, Crossing Guard Martha Ellis reached seventeen (17) years of service with the Holliston Police Department.
- On September 27, 2022, Lieutenant Thompson attended a meeting with the “Massachusetts Police Accreditation Commission (MPAC)” via Zoom.
- On September 27, 2022, Chief Stone attended a Metropolitan Law Enforcement Council (Metro-LEC) Executive Board meeting at the Westwood Police Department.
- On September 28, 2022, Chief Stone attended a Massachusetts Chiefs of Police Association (MCOPA) School Safety and Security Committee meeting via Zoom.
- On September 29, 2022, Chief Stone, Lieutenant Thompson, and Detective Sergeant Scott Deciero from the Marlborough Police Department conducted interviews for the position of police Detective in the John Johnson Training Room.
- On September 30, 2022, School Resource Officer Bryan DiGiorgio was selected as the department’s newest Detective.
- During the month of September, Sergeant/K-9 Hagan and K-9 Mattis completed their mandatory 16 hours of in-service training with the Boston Police K-9 Unit.
- On September 8, 2022, Officer Hulme participated in the monthly Holliston Drug and Alcohol Awareness Coalition (HDAAC) meeting via Zoom.
- On September 11, 2022, several members of the Holliston Police Department attended the annual “American Legion 9/11 Award Ceremony” at the Holliston Town Hall. Several members of the police department were recognized and honored for their exceptional police work over the past year.
- On September 18, 2022, members of the Holliston Police Department assisted with the “Norfolk Street Bike & Walk Tour” designed at educating community members about the importance of safe biking, walking, and motoring throughout the Town.
- On September 19, 2022, Holliston Auxiliary Captain James Ray participated in the UMass Memorial Hospital “Bright Lights” event in Worcester, MA. This community event was designed to support pediatric cancer patients and to lift the spirts of those young children who are experiencing cancer treatment.
- On September 24, 2022, Officers Grace and Ciavarra participated in the annual “Celebrate Holliston” field day event at Goodwill Park.
- October 12th – The Holliston Police Department will be partnering with the Holliston Public Schools and Safe Routes to School for the annual “Walk to School Day.”
- Miller School students will depart Blair Square at 7:10AM
- Adams Middle School students will depart Blair Square at 7:45AM
- Placentino School students will depart Blair Square at 8:35AM.
- October 30th – The Holliston Police Department will be hosting their annual “Pumpkin Patrol” event at the Holliston Police station. Children and their families are encouraged to come down to the police station dressed in their Halloween costumes and paint pumpkins.
- November 7th – The Holliston Police Department will be hosting its annual “Veteran’s Appreciation Breakfast” at the Holliston Historical Society.
175 total views, 2 views today