HPD Monthly Update – November 2022
November 18, 2022 / / Comments Off on HPD Monthly Update – November 2022
- During the month of October, all department members reviewed Policy 4.04 “Victim/Witness Assistance.”
- During the month of October, all department members reviewed Policy 4.05 “Death or Injury Notification.”
- During the month of October, all department members reviewed Policy 4.13 “Bias Based Profiling.”
- On October 3, 2022, department firearms instructors, Sergeant Remkus, Sergeant MacGray, Officer Downey, and Officer Coakley attended a one-day “M&P Pistol Armorers” course with Smith and Wesson at the Holliston Police Department.
- On October 3, 2022, Officer Bryan DiGiorgio was officially promoted to the rank of Detective with our agency.
- On October 7, 2022, Lieutenant Thompson, Sergeant Waugh, Sergeant Belson, and Officer Grace participated in an “Intruder Response” drill at the Robert Adams Middle School.
- On October 13, 2022, Chief Stone and Traffic Safety Officer Grace attended a Traffic Advisory Committee (TAC) meeting via Zoom.
- On October 14, 2022, Officer Ciavarra was named the department’s new Domestic Violence Officer (DVO). She will be replacing Detective Maguire upon her retirement who has served as the department’s DVO for many years.
- On October 14, 2022, Officer Hannah Ciavarra reached three (3) years of service with the Holliston Police Department.
- On October 15, 2022, Administrative Assistant Kelly O’Rourke reached four (4) of service with the Holliston Police Department.
- On October 17, 2022, Officer Ciavarra attended a three-day course entitled “Overcoming Size for Female Officers” training at the Randolph Police Academy.
- On October 17, 2022, Officer Palencia attended a one-day “Report Writing” training course at the Woburn Police Department.
- On October 17, 2022, Dispatcher Ray reached five (5) years with the Holliston Police Department.
- On October 17, 2022, Chief Stone attended the Special Town Meeting (STM) at Holliston High School.
- On October 20, 2022, Chief Stone, Detective Maguire, and Officer Parent attended the operations meeting for our Jail Diversion Program (JDP).
- On October 21, 2022, several members of the police department (past and present) celebrated Detective Ciara Maguire’s retirement from the Holliston Police Department after more than twenty-eight (28) years of service to the community.
- On October 23, 2022, Dispatcher Brown reached three (3) years of service with the Holliston Police Department.
- On October 24, 2022, Sergeant Remkus completed his annual “Firearms Instructor Re-Certification” training.
- On October 24, 2022, Chief Stone attended a Massachusetts Chiefs of Police Association (MCOPA) School Safety and Security subcommittee meeting via Zoom.
- On October 26, 2022, Chief Stone attended a one-day “From Sandy Hook to Uvalde: Challenges of School Safety” conference in Lexington, MA. The conference was hosted by the Massachusetts Partnership for Youth (MPY).
- On October 30, 2022, Officer Ethan Coakley reached five (5) years of service with the Holliston Police Department.
- During the month of October, Sergeant/K-9 Hagan and K-9 Mattis completed their mandatory 16 hours of in-service training with the Boston Police K-9 Unit.
- During the month of October, several members of the department participated in the “Pink Patch Project” that raises awareness and funds for breast cancer research. Members of the department were authorized to wear a “Holliston Pink Patch” on their uniform from October 1, 2021, through October 31, 2021.
- On October 3, 2022, Officer Hulme attended the monthly “Holliston Drug and Alcohol Awareness Coalition (HDAAC)” meeting via Zoom.
- On October 15, 2022, Sergeant Hagan and K-9 Mattis attended a fundraising event to help support “Massachusetts Vest-A-Dog” in Weston, MA. A short demonstration was performed and many questions relative to K-9 Mattis and his duties at HPD were answered.
- On October 21, 2022, Officer Woods travelled to Rentschler Field in East Hartford, CT on MC-1 to assist with the funeral escort of slain Bristol, CT Police Department Lieutenant Dustin DeMonte and Sergeant Alex Hamzy.
- On October 29, 2022, Officer Hulme and Officer Craig participated in the semi-annual “Prescription Drug Take Back Day” event which is sponsored by the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA). A total of 131.4 pounds of prescription medication were transported to the DEA collection site in Framingham for proper destruction.
- On October 30, 2022, several members of the Holliston Police Department participated in the annual “Pumpkin Patrol” event here at the police station.
- November & December 2022 – The Holliston Police Department are actively collecting toys in the front lobby of the police station to help support the United States Marine Corps Reserve “Toys for Tots” program during this holiday season.
- December 5, 2022 – Members of the police department will be serving lunch to our senior citizens at the annual “Holiday Luncheon” being held at the Holliston Senior Center.
- December 11, 2022 – HPD will join the Ashland Police Department for our annual “Fill-A-Cruiser” event to help support the Marine Corps Reserves “Toys for Tots” program in front of the Big Lots store in Ashland.
- December 15, 2022 – Members of the Holliston Police Department will once again be participating in the “Shop with a Cop” holiday event in Framingham, MA.