Holliston Police Monthly Update – December 2022
January 17, 2023 / / Comments Off on Holliston Police Monthly Update – December 2022
- During the month of December, all department members reviewed Policy 4.08 “Response to Calls.”
- During the month of December, all department members reviewed Policy 4.13 “Bias Based Profiling.”
- On December 1, 2022, Sergeant Belson attended a one-day “Taser Instructor Re-Certification” course in Townsend, MA.
- On December 1, 7, 14 2022, all members of the police department participated in a half-day “Night Range Training” at the Hopkinton Sportsman’s Association.
- On December 2, 7, 16, 2022, all members of the police department completed their “CPR/First Responder” training course in Wayland, MA as part of their annual in-service training requirement.
- On December 5, 2022, Chief Stone reached seventeen years (17) years of service with the Holliston Police Department.
- On December 6, 2022, Chief Stone and Lieutenant Thompson attended a “Leadership Conference” that was sponsored by the Massachusetts Chiefs of Police Association in Norwood, MA.
- On December 7, 2022, Chief Stone and Detective DiGiorgio attended the “Recovery Court” graduation ceremony at the Framingham District Court.
- On December 7, 2022, Lieutenant Thompson, Dispatcher Lodola, and Human Resource Specialist Cheryl Houle conducted interviews for a new full-time dispatcher.
- On December 7, 2022, Chief Stone attended a department head meeting at 1750 Washington Street.
- On December 8 – 23, 2022, Lieutenant Thompson completed the background investigation of the police department’s new police Lieutenant.
- On December 12, 2022, Chief Stone attended the Select Board’s meeting along with Town Administrator Ahern and Fire Chief Cassidy to discuss the future of public safety dispatching operations in Holliston.
- On December 13, 2022, Officer Parent attended a half-day online training course entitled “Police Mental Health Intervention.”
- On December 15, 2022, Chief Stone and Administrative Assistant Kelly O’Rourke attended the retirement party for Treasurer/Collector Mary Bousquet at the Holliston Town Hall
- On December 19, 2022, Detective DiGiorgio attended a one-day training course entitled “Managing and Conducting Background Investigations” at the Plymouth Police Department.
- On December 28, 2022, Town Administrator Ahern, Assistant Town Administrator/Human Resources Director Buckley, Chief Stone, Lieutenant Thompson, and all of the full-time civilian dispatchers met in the John Johnson training room to answer questions regarding the transition to a regional communication center in January 2024.
- During the month of December, Sergeant/K-9 Hagan, and K-9 Mattis completed their mandatory 16 hours of in-service training with the Boston Police K-9 Unit.
- During the month of December, several members of the Holliston Police Department assisted in collecting a large toy donation from Authentic Auto Body in support of the United States Marine Corps Reserves Toys for Tots Program.
- During the month of December, the Holliston Police Department participated in the second annual “Dinner on Us” program. Throughout the month, a hot meal was ordered from one of three local restaurants and paid for by the police department. A hot meal was then delivered each night throughout the month of December by a Holliston Police Officer along with a handwritten note to the family or senior recipient. This community outreach initiative brought out the best in all of us and we hope to continue this new tradition during next holiday season.
- On December 6, 2022, Officers Grace and Ciavarra held their monthly “Coffee with a Cop” event at the Holliston Senior Center.
- On December 11, 2022, the Holliston Police Department partnered once again with the Ashland Police Department for a “Fill-A-Cruiser” event to help benefit the “Toys for Tots” program.
- On December 12, 2021, several members of the Holliston Police Department helped to serve a holiday lunch at the Holliston Senior Center.
- January 20, 2023 – The Holliston Police Department will be teaming up with Boston Children’s Hospital to host a blood drive here at the police station. Please follow HPD social media pages for registration information. https://www.halfpints.childrenshospital.org/index.cfm… Code HOLPOL
- February 5, 2023 – Several members of the Holliston Police Department will be participating in the B-Fit Challenge at TD Garden in Boston. The 7th annual BFit Challenge is a one-of-a-kind event that invites both first responders, military members, and anyone in the community to walk, run, or step to benefit First Responder Charities.
121 total views, 1 views today