Holliston Police Monthly Update: September 2020
October 13, 2020 / /
- On September 2, 2020, Officer Ryan Parent successfully completed the Holliston Police Department 12-week field training program.
- On September 9, 2020, Detective Christopher Avey reached one (1) year of service with the Holliston Police Department.
- On September 15, 2020, Chief Stone joined Representative Carolyn Dykema, Select Board Chair John Cronin, Town Administrator Travis Ahern, and several Holliston Department Heads on a conference call with the Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) to discuss traffic issues and concerns within the Holliston community.
- On September 16, 2020, Lieutenant Leurini conducted a monthly training meeting for the Auxiliary Police. This month’s topic included training in the area of “Bias Based Profiling.”
- On September 21, 2020, Officers Parent and Hulme attended a one-day “Breath Test Operator” training course at the Foxboro Police Department.
- On September 23, 2020, Chief Stone and Detective Maguire participated in a Zoom conference call regarding an operational update on the Jail Diversion Program (JDP).
- On September 26, 2020, Crossing Guard Martha Ellis reached fifteen (15) years of service with the Holliston Police Department.
- On September 28 – 29, 2020, Officer Loftus and Detective Avey attended a two-day, live- streamed, interactive “New Detective Training” course at the Holliston Police Department.
- On September 30, 2020, Officers Scanlon and MacGray attended a one-day, live webinar “Firearms Legal Update” course at the Holliston Police Department.
- During the month of September, Sergeant/K-9 Hagan and K-9 Mattis completed their mandatory 16 hours of in-service training with the Boston Police K-9 Unit.
NOTE: On March 13, 2020, Chief Stone administered a “Special Order” to all department personnel that limited close-proximity contacts with members of the public including many community interactions that typically occur each month.
- During the month of September Officer John Scanlon and Officer Andy MacGray issued 31 pistol permits and 0 firearm identification cards.
- On September 11, 2020, Lieutenant Thompson and Lieutenant Leurini attended the annual “American Legion 9/11 First Responder Award” ceremony at the Holliston Town Hall.
- On September 13, 2020, Lieutenant Leurini, Sergeant Dalrymple, Officer Woods, and Officer Grace joined Landry’s Bicycle Shop in a bicycle safety event. The event was held at the Placentino Elementary School parking lot.
- On September 16, 2020, several members of the Holliston Police Department assisted Holliston Public Schools administration and faculty as students returned to their first day of in-school learning.
- October 2020 – Members of the Holliston Police Department will once again be participating in the “Pink Patch Project” to support Breast Cancer Awareness. Holliston Police Department Pink Patches are available for sale by contacting the police department. All proceeds collected will be donated to the Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
- November 2020 – The Holliston Police Department will once again be partnering with the United States Marine Corps Reserve to collect “Toys for Tots” during the upcoming holiday season.