Safe Routes to School Survey is Now Open
Dear Parents and Guardians,
We are pleased to inform you that Adams, Placentino, and Miller schools have partnered with the Massachusetts Safe Routes to School (SRTS) Program to provide you with a valuable survey tool to gather data on how students travel to and from school. The results of this survey will help plan safe transportation options for all students, evaluate current SRTS efforts, identify areas for improvement, and assist the community in reducing traffic congestion during arrival and dismissal times. The survey will run for two weeks from 1/4/21 to 1/18/21.
Click here to access the survey ->https://masaferoutessurvey.org/ “Holliston” will appear in the school district drop-down menu.
This brief survey should take no longer than three minutes to complete and is available in nine different languages. It is important to note that the survey does not collect any personal or identifiable data, only approximate home addresses using nearby streets. Schools that achieve a response rate of 50 percent or higher may receive an incentive safety item prize package.
The information you provide will help determine:
- The average distance students travel to school
- How students are getting to and from school (If your student(s) is/are 100% virtual this year, please put down the mode of transportation they would have used)
- NOTE: Each school has its own survey under “Holliston School District” on the main page. If you have students in different schools, please fill out the survey for each student under the specific school’s survey
- NOTE: If you have more than one student at a school, please use the “add a child” option at the bottom of the screen so every student is counted
- The estimated annual Greenhouse Gas emissions released specifically related to the number of students being driven to school
We encourage you to visit the SRTS survey webpage at http://masaferoutessurvey.org to learn more about the benefits of participating in this survey. You may also contact your SRTS Outreach Coordinator, Rachel O’Donnell, at 857-383-3818 or by email at Rachel.ODonnell2@aecom.com with any questions or concerns.
The Holliston SRTS Task Force