Civics Sunday: Candidate Statements Invited for Publication
The Publishers of the Holliston Reporter invite all candidates vying for an elected position in Holliston’s town government in the spring of 2021 to submit a Statement of Intent. These statements serve a dual purpose: candidates get to introduce themselves and share their views on pertinent issues with voters, and voters get to read candidates’ statements in order to make a more informed decision on May 25, at the Town Election. Statements of Intent must be submitted electronically and received by April 20, 2021.
Email to: email@example.com
Please observe the following criteria:
- Include your name, address, and position to which you aspire;
- State your interest in this position and relevant qualifications;
- Present your views on issues pertinent to this office/board/committee;
- Restrict content to yourself rather than maligning others and their ideas; and
- Limit your statement to one typed page of 500 words or less.
- Option: attach a .jpg formatted photo of yourself.
STATEMENTS WILL BE PUBLISHED ONLY IF RECEIVED BY APRIL 20. This date provides time to obtain and file your nomination papers (due by April 6). The Holliston Reporter reserves the right to edit your statement. Thank you in advance for helping Holliston voters make informed decisions on May 25 at the Town Election.
Note from the Publishers: It is our mission to provide unbiased reporting on all facets of life in Holliston as a service to our community.