Library Trustees Vote in New Slate of Officers
The Wednesday evening (6.2.21) meeting of the Library Trustees was called to order by Chair Nancy Baron, following the reading of the statement for remote participation. All Trustees were present.
Once May 5 meeting minutes were approved, Baron requested a vote on the new officers. Karla Alfred, Chair, and Kara Peterson, Vice Chair, were unanimously approved by a roll call vote. Chair Alfred then asked Library Director Leslie McDonnell to present the Director’s Report.
- The MA Board of Library Commissioners is planning to launch a hotspot lending program with the American Rescue Plan Act Funds, and Holliston will be able to participate in this program.
- 2021 will mark the first year Juneteenth is an observed holiday in the state. The Library will be closed on Saturday, June 19, in observance of this holiday.
- The mask mandate in town was lifted on May 29. Many staff members plan to continue to wear masks, but wearing masks is voluntary for the visiting public. Plexiglass partitions will remain in place. Curbside pickup and home delivery continue.
- Masonry work on the outside front stairs is now completed (see photos below).
- Hours for the Library will not change for the summer months.
- Trustees may request a town email address. Both Peterson and Alfred have received town email addresses.
- Nancy Baron was voted to represent the Library Trustees on the Community Long Range Planning Committee for envisioning the future of Holliston.
- Friends of the Library are seeking people to open a checking account at TD Bank or to associate an existing account to link to the TD Bank Affinity Program. The bank will donate to the Friends when you associate your new or existing account with them. No account information is shared and this association is no cost. You may associate your account in person at the bank or by emailing terry.smith@TD.com.
- Friends of the Library will conduct its Annual Meeting on June 8. Why not consider joining?
- Three outdoor summer reading programs will be held at the grassy area behind 1750 Washington Street.
Following the Director’s Report, the Trustees adjourned at 7:49 PM. The next meeting of the Trustees is planned for Wednesday, September 1, 2021, at 7 PM.